Cheezland

By the cheezpeeps, for the cheezpeeps!

Well, just when I thought things were going well…

Home Forums Srs stuff Well, just when I thought things were going well…

This topic contains 44 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  maryqos 11 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 45 posts - 1 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author

Iluvchocolate

Ohai all. I’ve run into quite the pickle, here. I had surgery on Feb 8th, and lost a lot of hours since then due to recovery. Still not 100%. And now I’ve got an eviction notice. Court is Monday, and unless I can come up with the base rent (which I have, but they won’t take a partial payment) plus the $400 in late fees and court costs by, say, Thursday or Friday of next week, I and my kitties will be homeless. I have a few numbers of programs, but I am very afraid. I’ve been homeless before and while I can deal with it myself, I have no place to put my kitties, and I would end up losing all of my Huzbing’s stuff that won’t fit into my little car. I am depressed and anxious and scared and I dunno what to do.

#46749 Reply

Noodle

Oh honey, ai am sew sorri u haz such hard thymes. Ai wishez u best ov evrething. Luv frum ur frend da noodle.

#46750 Reply

Shepmom

Ai iz sew sowwy. Wills be prayifying for yoo.

#46796 Reply

prysma
    Keymaster

ILC – have you mentioned this on FB to the peeps there? That’s a much larger pool of people than Cheezland itself is. Anyone in your immediate area who might be able to at least foster your cats for a bit, or something like that (what area, anyway)? If you can come up with the $400, are you going to be able to cover April rent – and if so, maybe some of the folks there can toss in a few dollars? This whole situation seriously horribly sucks, and I very much wish there was something we could do to help, but all we can do from here is send you love and beemz and hope desperately that everything works out somehow.

#46797 Reply

ToonaJoosePlz

I’m very sorry to hear this. Where are you? If you’re in the US, I can certainly help out with $$$. Prysma has my permission to give you my e-mail address. Does your employer have some type of assistance program, people who set you up with the right people/organizations who can help? There must be something available. Hang in there.

#46798 Reply

smalltabby

Happy to contribute to any crowdfunding site you might set up. It’s a horrible situation to find yourself in and I’d like to help.

#46799 Reply

icanhasanimalols

{{{{iluvchocolate}}}} beemz furr sum halps onna OHAI!

#46800 Reply

noodle

noodle wood likez two helpz awt two. prysma, lemme kno iffin yu kno hao. ok?

#46801 Reply

Iluvchocolate

Lots of organizations that halps, but I haven’t found one yet that works on such short notice. I am very close, me mam says she can squeeze 200-250, and I am gonna try to sell Mike’s “other woman”, aka his PS4 console, games, and TV, and hopefully I will have enough to stay put for another month while I make arrangements for when my temp job ends. If I can’t get at least 150 for the other woman, I dunno what I’ll do. I’ll be living in my car and I have no idea where my kitties will go. I’m waywayway down southwest in Tucson AZ, and I don’t think there are any peeps within a 2 hour drive, which my car would certainly not be able to survive.

#46802 Reply

Iluvchocolate

I hadda gofundme last year when Mike died and I was waiting for this job to start but it often takes 3-5 days for the munnees to be available.
    Tellyawut: ifn anyone wants to emayo me, for any reason, NOT juss for teh halps, my emayo is mychocolate1.as@ gmail. com. I checks my emayo whenever I can.
    Love you guize!

#46803 Reply

prysma
    Keymaster

In VLC we can basically email money directly… Jackie tells me that doesn’t work in teh US. Anyone know a way to send money wifakwikness in the US so we can see about making up any shortfall? I would think that a PS4 with games and a tv should be worth $150… but who knows these days?

Jackie just found a way thru our bank (BMO) – You wud has to go to a Western Union spot (they have a bunch of places, Jackie has 146 places in Tucson) and pick it up, but we cud duz wif like less than half the normal WU crazy-high fee. Wud need full legal name and you need ID plus a password-thing I send you. Tell me as soon as you know, and I mean immediately. I’ll send you whatever you’re short, I have a little extra just now. If other peeps wanna send a few bucks my way by slower methods to offset that, then cool, but you wud get it fast. That’ll buy a bit of time for you and your kids to find a more long-term solution and not end up with kitties in a shelter or something and you losing everything.

#46804 Reply

Noodle

Keepz uz upp two d8. Ai cud halpz a bit two. An ai wood like two halp.

#46805 Reply

smalltabby

Would be glad to chip in, Prysma, so will investigate how I could send money to you from Engerland. If you know of any routes (PayPal?) just say.

#46806 Reply

Cat_S

Can chip in a bit too -let me know how can do it from TTI. Meanwhile beems and prayers!

#46807 Reply

Iluvchocolate

Well I du has a paypal under that selfsame emayo up dere. I need all the help I can get, fur shur. Whether it’s munnees or beems or kitty toys or catnips or blooberry cordials…

#46808 Reply

ToonaJoosePlz

If I send money via PayPal, will that be usable for court?

#46809 Reply

prysma
    Keymaster

My big concern is that it takes time to get monies out of Paypal into real monies like jnto bank account – 3 to 5 days, and it be weekend. That be why we were looking for super-fast route and deal with catching up later, once we know you be safe. Beems, you gotz, and they nawt has any problem with borders or admin fees or things like that, but court not take those, and the court pretty unlikely to take paypal.

Not trying to be pushy or take over, I just want to make sure you have it in time and aren’t stuck in court knowing the money is in your paypal but you can’t get at it for another day or two.

Smalltabby and Cat_S, paypal works internationally, but hold off until we see what’s happening. :)

#46810 Reply

annipuss

I have sent money to the USA through PayPal – there is a charge, but it is considerably less than a bank would charge. Will await developments…..

#46811 Reply

prysma
    Keymaster

I know – paypal works fine to US, but it takes a few days to get the money out of a paypal account and into a form one can use for landlord or court. I’m concerned that if we all send money by paypal, she’ll have it in her paypal but not her bank account, and it will be useless. If they’ll allow a few extra days, if the circumstances are explained maybe, I would be more than happy to step back, not pay $20-odd in fees and front the money myself, and let everyone use paypal directly. :) Was trying to think of a way to get it to her in usable form quickly enough for it to make a difference.

ILC – you know the situation best, what will work for you?

#46812 Reply

maryqos

omg I just read this and of course I will help too my dear!

#46813 Reply

2kittehkenniff

So sorry to hear this. I think you can send a gift through Paypal without fees. Whatever is decided I will help.

#46814 Reply

burfday fairy

in my IRL wurkings, i am offen getting payd by paypal, an it haz never taked more than 1-2 days for teh munnies to get transfurred to my bank akownt.

#46815 Reply

maryqos

I just tried to test Paypal with that email and it didn’t work. Ideas?

#46831 Reply

Iluvchocolate

MQ, I lefted spaces in dere, mebbe wun gotted stuk? Ok so I sold Huzbing’s “other woman”, aka his Playstation 4, TV, and games to a friend, and my mum halped me with a little bit so I am current for the next 5 days. I will still need teh halps though, because the way my pay schedule is, I will be late with April’s rent, alsotooaswell, plus my eclectik bill is approaching NO SOOP FOR YOO status. I also need to take my kitties for checkups soon, Pickle has been scratching his right ear a LOT.

#46832 Reply

smalltabby

Contribewshun on itz way to yoo, ILC, with best beems. Teh emaow address wurked fine wiff Pp for me.

#46833 Reply

maryqos

It worked this time. Good luck!

#46834 Reply

Iluvchocolate

Fangkees, guize :)

#46968 Reply

noodle

howze tricks toots? ai sended sum munnies awn paypal. it werked ezy peezy. keep uz ups too d8 awn ur situashun. member nao… u am knot alone… da powor ov cheez haz gotz ur bak.

#49165 Reply

Iluvchocolate

Ohai everyone. Sorry I hadn’t checked in lately. I ended up losing my job due to being absent, which meant no access to the forums here, since they weren’t working on my phone. I have been incredibly grateful for your help and beems.
    I’ve been job hunting and getting turned down left and right. I am heavily restricted in my physical capabilities, so most jobs available are not feasible. There are a few other prospects, but none of them have any hope of starting anytime soon, so I am once again in the blender.
    I also had a very serious breakdown, and am trying very hard to drag myself back up, but it just seems like it never ends. Monday will be one year since Mike died, and Tuesday I have to be in court for eviction.
    I’m very sorry for the big bummer update, but I didn’t want you all to think I had forgotten you.
    Xoxox

#49166 Reply

maryqos

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{iluvchocolate}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

#49170 Reply

ToonaJoosePlz

I am very sorry to hear all you’re going through. I hope there is some help available for you, and a glimmer of happiness ahead. Please take care.

#49198 Reply

noodle

ai am gladd u gived uz an upd8. iz hard thymes four u fore shur. ai luvs u mai sweet. am itt okai two sendify a phew moor munnies to halp awt? u am wun strong peep an a gud wun. {{{iluvchocolate}}}

#49199 Reply

maryqos

yes, let us noe pleeze.

#49220 Reply

short1fry

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{iluvchocolate}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

#49221 Reply

noodle

ai sended sum to where ai sended it b4. cheezpeeps stand as wun. {{{iluvchocolate}}}

#49267 Reply

Iluvchocolate

Fangs yu guize. Cheezpeeps am teh bestest. I’ve decided not to scramble to pay the rent or whatever. I’m gonna roll with the eviction. Thanks to very generous peeps, I have enough squirelled away to rent a storage unit, and Pickle’s gonna go stay with his first mama for awhile. I’ve been invited to crash on their couch for awhile too, so for a few weeks at least I won’t be apart from my kitty. I can couch surf until I have some income. I’ll need to do my best to view this as a fresh start, but I’m leaving behind many memories of Huzbing, and this won’t be a short term thing.
    I’m treading water for the moment.
    I loves you guize.
    Big thyme.

#49268 Reply

annipuss

Beeming for all to go well for you.

#49269 Reply

noodle

u am amazin. an dat pickle is too. an hehehe butt pickle still getz me giggling.

#50600 Reply

Iluvchocolate

Ohai y’all. Update: Pickle’s former person kinda fell off the face of the earth and I haven’t heard from her in weeks. Another friend (also named like me but spells different) took my Pickle for however long is necessary. She has a mini Pickle lookalike named Olive. It was instant love for all three so I don’t think I will have the heart to ask for him back once I’m on my feet. I will keep visiting and I will buy kitty stuffs whenever I can.
    I am staying with a friend. Ok, he has become a bit more than a friend, but he was a friend first lol
    I cannot stay here long term nor move in permanently, but hopefully it will be enough time to get something going. Jobs are still plentiful. Experience and degrees and restriction accommodations are scarce. Still hunting. Butt I have a (very hot, the a.c. and refrigerator are both borked) place to be, good to eat, health care, and companionship. Can’t really get much better than that. I may end up having to sell my stuff out of storage. I paid for three months and not sure if I can keep paying. But the big stuff can be replaced and the little stuff can go in mom’s shed if need be.
    Anyhoo, that’s a helluva nupdate, so I’ll leave it here for now. Lemme see if I can attach the picture of Pickle and his new girlfriend, Olive.

Ok, nope. I will submit it to the PTB to use as a “caption me” thingy.
    Xoxox
    All my heart,
    Amy

#50601 Reply

annipuss

Gud 2 heer frum u, ilc. Gud lukk wiv teh job hunt. Abowt tiem ur lukk chaynjd. Hugs.

#50602 Reply

Shepmom

Hugs and continued prayers and good wishes — I’m glad some important things are on the upswing for you!

#50618 Reply

Cat_S

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{iluvchocolate}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

#50619 Reply

noodle

u am amazing strong cheezpeep. ai admyres u wiv a immensity. an dat pickle an olive am da squee.

#53414 Reply

maryqos

I kinda stole the title because I have a problem. The shelter hasn’t notified me that the place is ready for NotSeamus and he has stopped using the box. I put another box in there but I think the problem is that he can see the ferals outside and he’s constantly crying and looking out the window and scratching. Any suggestions?

#53448 Reply

maryqos

hmmmm ai haz teh werld uf cheese stumpded. NotSeamus currentlee bak tew boks eliminashin praise CC bekawse shelder cant taek fore a weak. ai will send PK a pitcher sew yu kan admire his hansimness.
    rite nao Susie is kompletelee cute as hur is stretched awt full length an sownd asleep beeteween mai legs awn teh blankie ai am under. sew skwee a baby, mai koffee is kold an natcher is lowdlee kawling butt (!) ai nawt disturbing teh littlol sleeping beeyewtee. pryoaratees, ai kan haz.

Viewing 45 posts - 1 through 45 (of 45 total)
Reply To: Well, just when I thought things were going well…
Your information:

Cheezland © 2012-2019 Frontier Theme