Okay, so… it'll be over soon here…

Home Forums Srs stuff Okay, so… it'll be over soon here…

This topic contains 123 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  maryqos 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 124 total)
  • Author

annipuss

Don’t worry about the length of the updates – we want to know how things are going, and writing things down probably helps you to process the emotional side.

noodle

Yup, watt annipuss sed. :)

shepmom

Hmmm…ai tried replyifying, but it nawt appear…

Just to say absolutely, we want to hear how things are going for both of you, so please write whatever you see fit. I check several times a day for updates, and I’m sure other Peeps do too.

prysma
    Keymaster

Today’s going to be physically hard – it’s pouring rain, which always increases her pain, and she fell yesterday on her way back to her room (pothole caught a wheel of the walker, basically), no serious injuries but she scraped her knee and strained a few muscles. I made her stop and buy some Advil/ibuprofen, she said she didn’t need but I know her, and a few hours later, she was glad she had it. None of her regular pain meds are anti-inflammatories. (Well, except the CBD in her brownies.)

On the other paw, it’s supposed to be a short day, and her lawyer is apparently in a good mood which is probably a good sign. So… will keep you posted.

Personally, I planned to go do a bit of grocery shopping today, but since I do not have a boat, I think I will stay home and look up the instructions on how to build an ark for me and the purrkids and Jackie’s balcony garden. And maybe actually get some houseworks and/or laundry done. Kids will probably be sleepy all day, in this weather.

prysma
    Keymaster

Hm… done for the day, but the judge is trying to expedite things a bit for everyone: she wants the two lawyers to collaborate on a list of the facts that both sides agree on, to spare everyone the hassle of dragging in elebenty billion peeps to say things that no one is actually contesting. Re-convene Monday morning.

Argh for delays, but Jackie can now go back to her room, do a load of laundry down the hall, relax and have an extra one of her special brownies for pain, and take her time over supper, and figure out what she actually needs to bring home with her tomorrow. (Not much, really.)

shepmom

mmmmm…speshull brownies….

This sounds like a very sensible judge…but we will keep sending beemz and prayers for wisdom and discernment as well.

Okay, this is essentially the start of half-time…time to rest, regroup and breath deeply. I’m so glad this week has gone well. Stay strong, you two. Cheezland am wif yoo!

Jackie.Elle
    Keymaster

…speshull brownies….

Very special ones … ones that has you looking for snack food afters … ooo brownies ;P

One week done … next week will have 3

LONG

days *sigh

Thanks all of you!

maryqos

♥ ♥ ♥

prysma
    Keymaster

Jackie will be home in a few hours. Meanwhile, I’m sorta kinda hoping that things quiet back down here on the home front. This has nothing at all to do with court stuff, it’s just been kinda bonkers.

Okay, so… yesterday, in the middle of doing a couple of loads of laundry, which means running down one floor to the laundry room, I slipped and tripped and, well, I didn’t fall but I did come down on my right big toe very much the wrong way. Did the stuff – Rest-Ice-Compression-Elevation – plus Advil/ibuprofen. It, uh, swelled anyway, and that wasn’t good. It’s still not happy about being flexed or having any pressure on it. Did you realize that you use your big toe for flippin’ everything? Walking, stairs, crouching to do cat litter, just balance while washing dishes…? Not exactly an enormous injury, but it threw a wrench into everything I actually hoped to do.

Yesterday, I opened our big living room window up for the kids. It slides sideways and overlooks the screened-in balcony. (We usually leave the door open, as long as we’re awake and at least one of us is home.) The window screen is a mess, thanks to a very bold skwirrl last year who chewed a couple of holes in it and then someone, probably one of the cats, ripped the screen along one edge further. I braced several willow trellises across the spot sideways so they could get fresh air. I came out this morning. Trellises had been shoved to the side, screen had been further ripped, and the long flowerpot that Jackie planted peppermint and spearmint in was no longer on the outer ledge, it was upside down on the balcony and on the patio chairs. Damage looked like it came from inside, not outside. I suspect Freya, but Bear can be a heck of a bulldozer when he puts his full strength and weight behind something so he might have helped.

Cleaned that up and repotted the mint, before I even got to breakfast.

Then, while on the phone with Jackie giving her an update, heard a crash from the living room or kitchen. Went to investigate, and saw a very floofy black skwirrl-tail bolting for the balcony door. I still don’t know what lit might’ve done. I should point out that Freya was reclining on the balcony at the time and Trick was in the living room looking totally unconcerned. I really wish Cory had been out there instead of in my room with me – he does not tolerate skwirrls in his space, even if the other two do!

Needed kitty noms, and can’t really explain to cats about sore toes, so I just got back from bank and pet store and people grocery store.

Kids demanded I open balcony… and all are in my room with me, no one on skwirrl-guard. Aaargh! It’s a rodent! It does not live here! Keep it out!

I’m, ah, just gonna make some tea and hope there are no further skwirrl invasions, plant assassination attempts, or injuries…

ToonaJoosePlz

Ai’z bin a littlol bizzy tihs week, butt(!) Ai’z also bin trying to keeps up with teh nooz adn sending beems. Ai wish yoo continyooed gud wishes az Ai hedd owt uv town adn will try to keep up dooring teh week.

annipuss

Beems for your toe to get better with a kwickness, Prysma.

maryqos

is it bad that I LOL’d at the squirrel story?

prysma
    Keymaster

Sorry I’m late on this. Jackie got home safely, spent less than 48 hours here, and is off again. Her train last night had serious delays (apparently there was “maintenance equipment” on a track that clogged things up, late on a Sunday evening!) so she was pretty exhausted by the time she got to her room.

Back to the same routine as last week. Fingers crossed the other guys continue to contradict themselves and each other. We can hope a reasonable judge will listen to that garbled nonsense and see the truth!

prysma
    Keymaster

The kids were glad to have her home, and are rather annoyed she’s gone again, but they’re doing okay. I’m giving them lots of loves and I bought them a couple of extra catnip toys to take it out on, and the weather’s been beautiful so they can hang out on the balcony which always makes them happy. (So mellow and relaxed they invite skwirrls over for tea!)

annipuss

Beems still on Ohai-est setting!

shepmom

*Installs a third beemerator for this final stretch*

Yes, extra prayers for wisdom and discernment for the judge!

prysma
    Keymaster

Eek. Jackie’s lawyer apparently injured her arm this morning. She’s insisting that she’s okay, and she has painkillers, but she’s asking the judge for a short day. Do not want!!!! We need her in tiptop condition, sharp as a kitty’s claws! The timing is frustrating but, thanks to awesome Cheezpeeps, worries me less than the lawyer having a fuzzy brain! (Also, I think she’s, like, a superhero or something, and I obviously don’t want her to hurt!)

annipuss

Beems for the lawyer.

noodle

Me an peej an Jessica decided two b inn jackie’s poket this week. I hope the obnp an mblk furr an mai white hare matches hur outfits. Wheel add sum color.

Much much love and strength heddin two you prysma an too jackie.

shepmom

*Climbs inna other pocket wif Lili* Can nebber habs too muchly grrrrrrl power…

puddy_tat

moar beems for jackie, prysma and teh kittehs

prysma
    Keymaster

Jackie had a weirdly bad evening with back spasms and stuff making her pain crazy-high. Possibly the bad weather that was coming in was a factor. But once she was asleep, she had a good night and she feels much better this morning.

Apparently the lawyer had a chiropractor (or similar) appointment yesterday afternoon. The arm injury is a chronic thing left by a bad car accident and it flares up occasionally but she knows how to deal with it and should have it all under control today.

Jackie is nervous because, she says, today is going to be a significant make-or-break kind of thing. I assume that means very important witness. But her lawyer, who absolutely loves Jackie’s thorough note-taking (Jackie says my secretary background rubbed off on her LOL), has been racking up points quite successfully all along, so… today might be difficult but probably it’s worth staying positive.

noodle

Positive thots hedding northeast. Thanks four kkeeping us updayed. Whee cheezpeeps am fambly an whee luvz eech othor wiv a feerce.

shepmom

Awl pawsitive thoughts and a ton ob prayers all throughout the day, deer ones. Sending strength, and fierceness, and confidence! Sending wisdom and discernment to the judge. Please let us know how the day went as soon as you can!

prysma
    Keymaster

She just checked in during a break. Couldn’t tell me anything, and it was just text messages, but she sounded pretty upbeat, so… so far so good, I guess?

shepmom

Breathe in, breathe out…repeat as needed…

{{{{Whole Howse ob Prysma}}}}

prysma
    Keymaster

I’m trying. It’s tough on her, being away from home and being in the middle of it. It’s tough here, too, not knowing the future for any of us and having no power right not to do anything but keep the purrkids as content as they can be without Jackie here. I keep intending to get things done and somehow they aren’t happening. *sigh* Oh well. Priority is just getting thru this. And cannot thank you guys enuff for all the everything.

maryqos

wee ♥ ♥ ♥ yuse awl!

shepmom

It’s tough on you too, and I hope you know you are included in all hugs, prayers, beeemz, thoughts, and well-wishes!

prysma
    Keymaster

Soooo much to say… for one thing, the lawyer apparently stopped getting any money from Legal Aid months ago, she ran out of covered hours – and continued anyway, on her own, covering all expenses out of her own pocket. If she had done only what Legal Aid allowed for, she never could have gotten to grips with all the extreme complexities of this case. There is no way we’re ever going to be able to thank her enough.

I think, amidst all the hate that got dumped on us when this started, we’ve also had lots of people around us who believe in Jackie and have been going WAY out of their way to help us. And rather than bogging down in the bad stuff, once this ends, we’re going to try to stay focused on the amazing good stuff.

And if I sound cheerful… yeah. It isn’t officially wrapped up yet, but the lawyer says today could not possibly have gone better and things are looking extremely promising. One more witness tomorrow, wrapup on Thursday, Jackie comes home Thursday night. The judge might have a ruling on Thursday, but the possibility exists of Jackie having to go back one day next week for the actual decision. (I think the judge will try to avoid that.)

I’m trying hard not to count my chickens before they hatch, but I’m currently feeling rather optimistic.

But oh my CC, the stuff that’s coming out, and how much of this was based just on sheer transphobic bigotry is sickening.

I bullied Jackie into getting herself a really decent supper – she’s been trying to spend as little as she can, despite my pointing out repeatedly that no one wants her living on junk.

Almost over… for us, and for everyone who’s been going through this nightmare with us. Love you, and thank you forever for everything!

shepmom

*lets slip a preliminary HALLELUJAH!*

Holding breath and saying prayers and sending beeeeeeems…

noodle

holds shepmom’s pause an reechez awt two awl hoo luv an believes inn Jackie an u. wow, an wow… dere am a hole lotta peeps joinin inn da circle.

shepmom

*holds Noodle’s paws and lights a candle*

Badger

Much energy and strength to both of you. And such a treasure is your lawyer, who is doing the right thing despite the odds. If only all people would follow her example we would have a better world. We are all with you, and hugs from Badger, Ghost, Jewel and Jet.

maryqos

WOW, blone awai bai lawyer storie. just amazing, holding breff……

prysma
    Keymaster

Jackie’s really upbeat today. Yesterday went so well, and I made her have a much better supper last night (she admitted this morning that she’s ‘probably’ been eating less than she should in Toronto… despite my constantly telling her that no one wants her hungry *grrr*). Lawyer wants to borrow Jackie’s notes for overnight, so she can do her big final wrap-up speech thingie for tomorrow.

With any luck, the train station will allow her to drop off her big suitcase early to travel home, so she doesn’t have to wrestle with it while getting on the train herself. Apparently something about the schedule will require a small exception to be made, so she asked Customer Service to step in.

I’m going to hop a bus to the train station to help her afterwards, because the local customer service for disabled peeps is criminally bad (Jackie did not tell me until this past weekend HOW bad) and I don’t want her struggling alone on a freakin’ turned-off escalator with a walker and a large suitcase and another bag (Seriously!!) even if it means I’m sitting there waiting for a while. I sent my tablet with her, but there’s this cool invention called a “book” that works, well, most places just fine. :-) Going to ask downstairs neighbour, who calls our cats her grandkids, to come kittysit for a couple hours, since they’ll be a bit freaked by yet another routine disruption.

But they are going to be soooo glad to have Jackie home for good!

prysma
    Keymaster

I think once this ends I’ll get any friends who are interested to write the awesome lawyer thank-you notes… it might make her feel appreciated.

annipuss

I have leaky eyes about the lawyer’s generosity.
    Everything crossed for the hoped-for outcome.

maryqos

GMTA-I was going to suggest that letter thing too!

prysma
    Keymaster

:shock: Judge wants closing statements for 2:30, like, 2 hours from now. There’s just nothing else to present.

On the down side… since the judge has a ton of stuff to look through and stuff… it’s apparently quite likely there will be no decision til next week. And possibly even longer, CC halp us. (Apparently it’s possible to get to this stage and then get stuck literally for months if everything’s held up waiting for a single report or something!) Just…. aaaaaarrrrggghhh!!!!

However… lawyer is smiling, and has sequestered herself in the library, with Jackie in the cafeteria grabbing her own lunch (griping that it will be more expensive there but she wants to be close if needed) and on standby to bring the lawyer coffee. Lawyer has been working intermittently on her closing statement for days, just needs to finish it.

And, well, from the bits I’m getting… it would be really difficult at this point to say, beyond reasonable doubt, that Jackie did bad things. Jackie’s lawyer hasn’t even called any witnesses for their side, because the other guys have done such a wonderful job of contradicting themselves and each other.

Further info as I get it!

shepmom

Ai agrees on sending fankees to de lawyer — dat woulds be a lubbly fing to do.

O dis am nerb-rackings!

*invites ebbrywun to start cutting up paper for de ticker tape Parade ob Vindications!*

prysma
    Keymaster

Nerve-racking is Jackie dropping me a two-line text and then going silent again:
    Break 4 10 minutes. Crown tore me a new one…. pray for [lawyer]

Seriously? They have zero evidence and no one can keep their story straight. The crown can’t introduce new evidence in the final summary. So what the bleep?

Since that was at 3:45, with closing summaries supposedly starting at 2:30, I suppose I have over an hour to wait until brilliant lawyer finishes hers (she gets the last word) and I can get some bloody clarification.

prysma
    Keymaster

All done. Lawyer is still feeling very optimistic.

But we just had a nasty blow.

Because of summer and vacations and yadda yadda, and the judge wanting to look over everything in detail… Jackie had to choose between a rushed verdict that would not allow her full time to absorb all the documentation, or… September.

We seriously have to wait until SEPTEMBER to get a decision from the judge. September 19th, in fact.

I… just… I…

annipuss

O dear CC. That is torture. Beems continue for patience in the circumstances.

puddy_tat

blaAAAAAAAAAAAARGH to that

shepmom

Oh, that is the cruelest blow. I have no words. Well, I do, but they’re not printable in polite company. I am so so sorry.

However..the Crown can say what it wants — the judge decides.

I am so sorry. {{{{{{{{{{{{House ob Prysma and Jackie}}}}}}}}}}}}}

noodle

Oh no….. ok nao, deep breaths, inn an awt, inn an awt. Hi beems rechargified four awl da daze an nites till sept 19th. Whee gots ur backz Jackie and prysma.

prysma
    Keymaster

*sigh* Beems again? She’s in Toronto still, train leaves in about 3 hours… and she’s sick. Like, throwing up, sick. They’re evaluating her for heatstroke, among other things. It’s possible, since it’s a 2.5 hour train ride, they might decide she’s too sick to be on it.

I think it’s a combination of everyday pain, stress, more activity than usual lately, being awake since 5 am, dehydration, overheating, possibly low blood sugar (she’s been eating badly the last two weeks), possibly a reaction to the wrap she had for lunch… I’ll be at the Kingston station to meet her, but first we gotta get them to let her on the train.

Just spoke to a very pleasant guy who’s going to call me if she can’t.

All this, so close to being home!

prysma
    Keymaster

My rope is fraying badly, and aifinkso I’m barely hanging on to teh last tattered threads.

annipuss

Hold on there, Prysma. All will be well. Beeming like mad for Jackie to feel better and get home to you and the furkids.

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 124 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.