Cheezland

By the cheezpeeps, for the cheezpeeps!

Lungdoc has crossed the bridge

Home Forums Srs stuff Lungdoc has crossed the bridge

This topic contains 65 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  shepmom 1 day, 18 hours ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 66 total)
  • Author

lungdoc

Friends: I have left this note for my wife to post in the Forums after I’m gone. You have known me for the past several years as Lungdoc. My real-world name was Neal H. Fellers (MD). I was born December 25, 1950 and died on 4/9/19. The end has been coming for a while and I don’t want anyone grieving, but I want you all to know how much your friendship has meant to me over the past several years, both here in Cheezland and in ICHC back in the old days. Our little community has been a bigger part of my life than I could have possibly imagined, and I have been greatly moved by the kindness and mutual support of the Cheezpeeps in good times and bad times. Please keep being good to each other. I hope to meet you all in the Meadow one day, whatever form it may take.
    I include links to the songs I’d play in the next Cheezland parade if I were there…
    https://youtu.be/nvq4OnhMEO4 (Jo Stafford singing “I’ll Be Seeing You”)
    https://youtu.be/YIGfwlfKw-g (Benny Goodman with Peggy Lee, “We’ll Meet Again”)
    Or if these links are broken, just do a YouTube search for either song, especially the Vera Lynn versions. ;) –Yours always, Lungdoc.

#63393 Reply

Kathlyn Llewellyn

O, I am so sorry to hear this. I enjoyed Lungdoc’s posts so much, and years and years ago, he was my first ICHC friend.

#63395 Reply

ToonaJoosePlz

I’ve started this post several times already. I’m speechless, and truly upset. It sounds as if he was trying to reassure us throughout.

Mrs. Fellers, please accept my deepest and sincerest sympathies.

#63396 Reply

Dena Clark

I am so sorry to hear this, Lungdoc was one of my favorite peeps. Condolences to his family, and I hope to see him in the Princess Mu Meadow. 🥀

#63397 Reply

prysma
    Keymaster

I honestly have no idea how to process this as a Cheezpeep and a person who loved and respected our Lungdoc, or what to do as the site admin. I’m open to suggestions, once anyone has a clear enough mind to formulate any.

But I keep thinking, if it’s hard for me, how much worse for Mrs Fellers and Sheena and Scooter? I think I’m crying for them too. And all of us.

#63398 Reply

Cat_S

I’m so sorry to hear this and staggered at this way of letting us know! Just beautiful! Will look forward to meeting him again the other side of the bridge! Meanwhile huge condolences to Mrs Fellers and to all those who mourn his passing. Meanwhile as he says “We’ll meet again, don’t know where, don’t know when…”

#63399 Reply

rhsb

Oh, my heart is breaking.

I remember lungdoc as such a sweet soul.

Go well, friend. Say hi to the Cheezpeeps and furkids who have gone on. The Meadow is full of good people like Dan, Janet, Ruth, Kim, Tom, and Lyantha. My Josie is probably enjoying a sunspot somewhere, too.

My condolences to all who loved him.

#63400 Reply

ToonaJoosePlz

Prysma, I’ve been trying to get stuff done for the past half hour and I’m completely distracted. People wonder about “internet friends”, but my gosh, it’s real! I wonder how much he knew and when he knew it, because he never let on. I hope he found comfort in the international beam force that found its way to NM.

No suggestions right now. I’m stunned.

#63401 Reply

ToonaJoosePlz

I forgot the all-important RIP. May you be surrounded by a never-ending supply of books, and all the kitties who are waiting to just be with you.

#63402 Reply

prysma
    Keymaster

I guess… I’ll do what I have no doubt at all he would have wanted, and set up posts like normal for Friday and the weekend. Maybe by next week someone will have some idea about a fitting memorial. For right now, we need alla teh cyoots.

#63403 Reply

shepmom

I’m…speechless. What a gentle, gentlemanly soul. My prayers for a speedy trip to the meadow, and peace for Mrs Fellers, Sheena, and Scooter. I can’t say anymore right now.

May his soul and the souls of all the departed rest in peace. (BCP)

#63404 Reply

Muchcat

😢

#63408 Reply

noodle

Oh no. This is the news we all were afraid of. Oh my friend lungdoc, ai have enjoyed your compny so much over the years. You were so kind and so clever. I have a huge sad for mrs lungdoc and scooter and sheena. What joy you brought to cheezland. Darn, darn darn. May we meet again in the meadow. Mrs lungdoc, you were always a part of cheezland, you in your sewing room, ai hope our love for your wonderful husband and for you will bring some comfort. Tears b falling for our furrever frend. Ave atque vale lungdoc.

#63409 Reply

Doglvr

Someone else above helped me find the word ‘gentlemanly’ which is what I always think of when I hear the name Lungdoc. He knew me as Doglvr though I have also been on here with BunnyMom or something similar. Sadly I don’t get here nearly as often as I should. Lungdoc, you were a very kind friend back in the ICHC days and helped ease a lot of the isolation I was in. You talked in technical terms to me about various medical issues and reassured me I still had a brain when it all felt like it was floating away. I’m not sure I ever properly thanked you for that. You will be very much missed, dear man. Deepest condolences to your wife and furkids. I look forward to the day I can give you that great big hug as we both stand in the Meadow.

#63410 Reply

wally01

I am so sad at hearing this news. Lungdoc was a friend at ICHC, always such a gentleman. I loved his posts……….until

#63411 Reply

Mary Tomcsanyi

Oh no!!! I am left without words. I send all my love and sympathy to Mrs. Fellers and her family. I hope you know how much we loved your husband.

Mary Tomcsanyi
    aka Spotstarsmom

#63412 Reply

tne

:(

#63413 Reply

maryqos

I’ll miss your wit and wisdom.
    My sympathy to Mrs. LD and the kittehs.
    We all mourn with you.

This sucks.

#63414 Reply

Amandakat

we will meet in the meadow.

#63415 Reply

Pj

:sad: We are blessed to have known his kindness, cleverness, and humor. My condolences to his family and our Cheezland community.

#63416 Reply

mantari

Oh, no! I loved lungdoc. He felt the same way about poetry as I do… and as others have said, a gentleman- of the first order. May he rest in peace. *sniff*

#63417 Reply

catena

Go well, Neal.
    My sincere condolences to family and friends.

#63418 Reply

OnleeKitteh

I’m completely gobsmacked! When I first saw a post in the Tea Room I yelled NO NO NO. Like so many I’m stunned and don’t know how to process this either. It’s a sad day in Cheezland. Too many, just way too many have crossed the bridge way too early. I’ll miss his posts, his quotes, his humor, and his presence. He was a great Cheez friend to all. Rest easy Lungdoc my friend. *will somebody please quit peeling those onions?*

Mrs. “Lungdoc” Fellers – know that there are so many from the old ICHC, the current Cheezland, and Miz Foofytaylz Tea Room that are sad beyone belief. You and the kittehs are at a loss and will grieve that’s true. Just remember the Rainbow Bridge story and know “We’ll meet again some sunny day”. We’re here to hold your hand any time you need it, and a shoulder to lean on.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsM_VmN6ytk

#63419 Reply

short1fry

Oh my gosh!!!!!! Reading the post LD left for us is so unreal. It seems he’s here and talking to me. I’m bawling my eyes out and I only got the first three sentences. I’ll try to read it all after I calm down. I felt like I knew him personally. I always looked forward to hearing what he had to say. Mrs Fellers, I’m sure you aware from all of the comments that he loved in person and on the internet. I’m so very sorry for your loss.

#63420 Reply

Kate_M
    Participant

We will miss you so very much, Lungdoc.

#63421 Reply

Nennepus

oh…. Go well, Dear Lungdoc!!!
    Hugs and hugs and hugs to Mrs. Lungdoc and the kittehs…
    😥😥😥😥

#63422 Reply

puddy_tat

:(

hugs and beams to mrs ld and the kitties

#63423 Reply

shepmom

I hope no one will mind my posting this poem by John Gillespie Magee — it is my hope that this is the path to the Meadow.

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth,
    And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;
    Sunward I’ve climbed and joined the tumbling mirth of sun-split clouds –
    and done a hundred things You have not dreamed of –
    wheeled and soared and swung high in the sunlit silence.
    Hovering there I’ve chased the shouting wind along
    and flung my eager craft through footless halls of air.
    “Up, up the long delirious burning blue
    I’ve topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace,
    where never lark, or even eagle, flew;
    and, while with silent, lifting mind I’ve trod
    the high untrespassed sanctity of space,
    put out my hand and touched the face of God.

#63424 Reply

annipuss

I couldn’t read everyone else’s posts through tears. LD’s passing leaves an enormous hole in our community. Although we never actually met, he was a real person to me and I will miss his comments – always witty and erudite – as much as if he was here as a person in my home. I send heartfelt sympathy to Mrs LD and all who knew and loved him

#63425 Reply

PhantomCat

Such sad sad news. My condolences to Mrs. Lungdoc and family, and to all of us in Cheezland, who have lost a very wise, gentle and witty friend.

#63426 Reply

bayshang

>>>>>>>>>>CCspeed lungdoc…………!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Lungdoc was the very first person to welcome me into the ICHC community. His gentle warmth made a huge impact in my life, as I know it has made to so many. We’ll meet again…

#63427 Reply

gumbiekat

Rest in peace Sir. You were such a joy in the days when I was active on ICHC and you will be so missed heer in Cheezland.
    My condolences to Neal’s family and friends.

lolspeak on – Lungdoc, haz fun in teh meddow wiv yoor hart furkids adn beeloved peepls whu haz past befor. *cries intu giant shamwow*

gumbiekat

#63429 Reply

cweenmj

:cry:

#63430 Reply

Teresa B. Engel

Rest in Peace, Dr. Fellers. I am shocked and saddened by this news, and my heart breaks for Mrs. Fellers, Sheena and Scooter, and all those who knew and loved him. I will miss his humor and his clever posts.

Teresa

#63431 Reply

mary

nooooooo

#63433 Reply

short1fry

I wanted to come back to comment. Last night I was crying too much and couldn’t get the words out. I googled LD. I got to see his picture. I have a face to the name. He looks like I pictured him so I guess I always had an idea as to whom I was conversing with. His final post to us is amazing. I would like to thank Mrs. Fellers so much to have the strength to post his final words. It’s time to rest now Neal, you will not be forgotten. (crying again) :(

#63434 Reply

Mary Porfert

I am a lurker, but I enjoy reading posts from everyone. I will miss Lungdoc’s post, he always had something fun to say. I send prayers to his family.

#63435 Reply

jacknife

I will miss his unfailingly clever sense of humour and ohai-brow lols.

#63436 Reply

Bluesfan473

I am so sorry to hear of Lungdoc’s passing. My deepest condolences to his family and profound thanks to Mrs. Lungdoc for taking the time to post his farewell messsge.

Safe journey, good rest my friend

#63437 Reply

Mugglemary

My heart is breaking. Lungdoc was amongst the people I first met at ICHC, and I’ll be sososo sad for a long time. I was crying over the death of a beloved uncle, and my dad said “don’t cry over them, they’ve been releiv d of their pain” and I said, “ Dad, I’m crying for us”

#63438 Reply

Mugglemary

My heart is breaking. Lungdoc was amongst the people I first met at ICHC, and I’ll be sososo sad for a long time. I was crying over the death of a beloved uncle, and my dad said “don’t cry over them, they’ve been releiv d of their pain” and I said, “ Dad, I’m crying for us”
    P.s. I googled him as well, and he looked just like I pictured him.

#63439 Reply

Sneezeecat

What can I add that hasn’t already been said? He was nimble-witted and, yes, erudite, in his humor (I felt so smart getting his jokes). He was an early ICHC friend and I loved interacting with him. I remember being flattered that he noticed me and replied to my comments.
    But what stands out most in my memory is his unfailing kindness. The world has become a little gentle today. A little less shiny.
    Go sweetly, my friend, and many hugs and prayers to Mrs. Fellers – please know that he is so appreciated and loved.

#63440 Reply

lupinssupins
    Participant

Mai hart is borked at this nooz. Ai haz such a sad! Ai can’t finish reading the cawmints on da coupla posts on cheezland and the Buch ob Fayses, becaws of all the peeps who be chopping onions ober dare. :'( I mostly remember Lungdoc from the old place, as ai havn’t kept up so well with the various new places, ‘cept mostly Facebook… I always loved his posts , espeshully in da Olde Playsse. Berry funny posts, berry smart and kind man. He was one of my favorites among many wunnermous cheezpeeps! We even seem to have the same taste in old timey music–
    The 2 songs he so sweetly left in the kind message for Mrs. Dr. Lungoc Fellers to post in Cheezland are PURRZACKLY the 2 I think of when I remember friends who have left this life.
    Deepest condolences to Mrs. Lungdoc/Fellers and all his family, friends and colleagues. RIP, dear Lungdoc.

#63441 Reply

lunarmommy

I am so sorry to hear this. Lungdoc was a wonderful cheezfrend and a wonderful man. We will miss him very much. My deepest condolences to Mrs. Fellers and the family, and thank you for taking the time to post his note to us.

#63442 Reply

burfday fairy

*sadly puts parenfasees arownd anovver name on teh burfday list*

i am so sad to heer dis. go well, Lungdoc owr gud frend. we will miss yoo. an heer iz a wish frum my majik wand for peese an comfort for Mrs. Lungdoc an evreewun else hoo loves him.

#63443 Reply

Tessm

I didn’t know Lungdoc well, but I am also saddened to see that this screen name won’t be on our screens any more.
    Also, stunned at the thoughtfulness of his last message to us.
    Hope his passing was as gentle and kind as he clearly was.

#63447 Reply

Roofie

Thank you, Lungdoc and Mrs. Fellars for letting us know our kind friend has passed over the Rainbow Bridge. I wish you peace in the Meadow with all our beloveds, and thank you for your fun kindess and also advice when i needed some guidance. You are lovingly remembered. ♡, Roofie

#63448 Reply

Badger

Just saw the news of Lungdocs passing through the Veil. I add my best wishes to a gentleman who had a wonderful sense of humor and knew more about theater and literature than most people will ever know. I will miss him greatly. How very thoughtful, and like him, to leave a post for after his death.

Mrs. Fellars, my most sincere condolences and hope that our posts honoring your husband will help to ease the pain a little. There are many of us who know the pain of losing a beloved spouse and offer any strength we can to help you get through this. It is one of the hardest things a person can go through.. and the Cheezpeeps are right there with you if you need our support.

#63464 Reply

CatBurgh

Lungdoc was one of the first to welcome me to ICHC. He was unfailingly kind to everyone. His intellect shone through every post, every lol. His humor was gentle, but could still make you laugh out loud. I especially looked forward to seeing how he used quotes from the likes of Mark Twain, William Shakespeare, Terry Pratchett, classic songs, etc.

He always found just the right thing to say when a Cheezpeep was facing difficulties in real life. He comforted when it was needed, and cheered at our victories. I will miss him greatly. All my love to Mrs. Lungdoc, Sheena and Scooter.

#63466 Reply

Duffy

Devastated. What a loss, not only to us, but to the world at large. He was a gentleman and a gentle man. We can only lift up his family and be grateful that we were his friends in whatever small way we could share our hearts.
    Oh, dam – crying at work again. Beams of love and comfort to Mrs. Lungdoc, Sheena, and Scooter. Here’s hoping they will feel the love surrounding them from all over the world.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 66 total)
Reply To: Lungdoc has crossed the bridge
Your information:

Cheezland © 2012-2019 Frontier Theme